Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lights, Cameras, Action!




The thing about creating an outdoor installation is that you are at the mercy of Mother Nature! The fact that it is dark at night is one thing... but what if it rains?? When it comes to Northern Spark, the show will go on! That led me to my latest creation. The Bell Jar light water protector! I have designed a row of 8 lights to run across the top of my installation using canning jars left over from a previous work of art. This is one way I solve the problem of never having enough space to store old work, by taking it apart and repurposing the materials. In fact, I can think of at least 4 components of this project using my in house recycling technique! Keeps the budget down, saves time and lowers the stress of consumer demands on our environment. Plus... it's kind of fun being like MacGyver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northern Spark: June 10th 2017

So... What is this Transparent Spirit Elevation Chamber anyway?

Ahhh!! The Transparent Spirit Elevation Chamber is Coming!! Woo Hoo!! ...Wait, What the heck is that?? ...You may ask. Turns out, I have the...